Donnerstag, 3. September 2009

Light Bulbs

From NewsBusters:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2009/09/03/brian-williams-highlights-complaints-eu-going-too-green-light-bulb-ba

I am right in the middle of all this. Now to cover the high lights as of 01 September 2009 the old fashioned light bulbs will no longer be produced within the EU. Stores will be allowed to sell of stock and when thats gone that's it.

With me so far? Good. This is simply a crock of horse piss. I am old fashioned and an traditionalist American. Where does a government have the power or need to tell the private sector what they can or can not produce? Well here they do have the power. But they have taken this a step further. No longer can I private citizen choose what bulbs I would like to buy. No I have to be taken my my little bitty stupid hand and shown whats "right" by the government.

Now on the other hand the bulbs do last longer. AND they do use less enegry. No probs there. But nothing ever produced by humans is perfect. Hence this link:
http://www.wahrheitssuche.org/energiesparlampen.html

It's in German I know. I'm looking for a translated page. If you don't trust me then user your favorite translator.

GOOD POINTS:
  1. Use less enegery
  2. Last longer
  3. Lose less warmth

BAD POINTS

  1. Strong electromagnetic fields. Not good for people with pacemakers...
  2. They flimmer at high frequencies
  3. Bad non natural light source
  4. Not very "Green" in the production
  5. Mercury is present in the bilbs themselvs
  6. When the bulbs are used up they cost a boatload to get rid of. You can't just "toss em"
  7. The older the bulb the lower amount of light produced
  8. The lifetime of the bulb is lowered if you are constantly turning on and off (Anyone with kids are cringing right now)
  9. They are expensive.
  10. When they fall and break open the gas released is toxic

So why is this being rammed up our asses? Simple like 99.9999999999% of all "green ideas" are childish and not thought out. "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING OR WE WILL ALL DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Remember back in the 80's (remember I'm 37 no jokes now...) how the world was RACING toword the next ice age? Unless we DO SOMETHING NOW!! Well what happened to that? Just last year we were racing toword the world frying? Now it's all called "Global Climate Change" Not which way but it's changing. Well guys it's been changing since this mud ball of a planet existed. Some greens have even gone so far as to "declair war" on the GCC! WOW! If I wore my hair long and didn't shower I might be impressed. How about declairing war on the sun? I mean it's like super hot and stuff and it makes us like hot and hot is not good for ice it like melts and stuff. Um like lets kill the sun then no more global hot stuff and stuff.

Yes I was poking fun at greenie weenies.

Just last year all the greens were gushing over methenol as THE new fuel. hmmmmm Well it takes more enegry to produce the stuff than you get out of it. A side effect would be the cost of bread rising. But hey no big deal said the greens. then it was found out that the burning of the fuel releases gases that are more harmful to the envoronment than what we have on the roads today.

Shall I go on? I think you get the point.

Now I'm not someone who "hates mother Earth" or what ever you might be thinking. But I only want more time invested in to research in to new ideas. I want the new ideas looked at, taken appart and all plus and minus points found. I am tired of the newest green fad to be passed off as THE solution and left at that only to find out later that it'll kill us faster that what we have now.

I recycle, I try to keep my speeds down, I don't litter and most important I am open to new ideas. I am willing to look at those ideas and see if they could work. B U T I want solid research in to those ideas before they become some kind of law. Like these stupid light bulbs. Here in Germany I'll have to pay to have them disposed of!

2 Kommentare:

  1. Agree that the ban is not thought out properly,
    whatever about the good intentions...

    Guess what?
    EU Energy Commisioner Piebalgs defends his ban on his blog
    by saying it INCREASES choice....
    Notice the comments in the blog to that :-)

    http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/piebalgs/lighting-the-way-to-the-future

    All about the strange EU and industrial politics that led to the ban:
    http://www.ceolas.net/#li1ax

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Reading......

    Thanks for the links! I just can't get behind his logic about choice. I really can't

    I also have to ask the question about the lower middle class and those on welfare. All opinions aside how can they afford these bulbs. I had to buy 2 new bulgs yesterday and I shelled out €15! for me it's not that bad but what about a single mother out of work?

    AntwortenLöschen